counting stars.

10/15/13



Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
Lately, I've been a bit of an insomniac.
My thoughts keep me up at night, restlessly anticipating the unfolding of some new chapter of my life.
I sit by my window some nights, blinds up, and count the stars, and sometimes, I make wishes upon them. They don't come true, the wishes.
Sometimes I hate that.
The fact that you can wish so hard for something, but it never happens.
I wish for things, and whisper them in the darkness, but the quiet October wind carries my wishes away, and they remain unfulfilled.
I wish for silence that is understanding, and not so cold and cowardly.
I wish for an eye that seeks out beauty instead of seeing pain.
I wish for my fingers to cooperate when I sit down to play the piano, and my fingers are choppy on the keys.
I wish for a mug of chai tea and a bit of biscotti.
I wish for the way things could be.
Mostly, on those sleepless nights that come more and more often, I wish for sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love comments almost as much as I like chocolate, so leave as many as you'd like. ;)